Here we are at the beginning of a new month again. You know what that means! Time to go over the goals I set for myself for April and set new goals for May.
My goals for April were:
1. Reach 14 sales. 1-2 sales a week would be great for me. Too much more than that and I’ll have difficulty keeping the shop stocked!
2. 200 hearts!
3. 5 items in each section. Just because I love making hats, doesn’t mean I shouldn’t sometimes make other things. Other things are fun to make too!
4. Open up a the Elephunk’s Orphans section of my shop to benefit Daphne Scheldrick’s Elephant Orphanage!
Unfortunately, I did not meet any of these goals. I am up to 11 sales and 170 shop hearts. I still don’t have 5 items in every category, in part because I keep breaking my hats up into multiple categories. And I am still gathering enough elephant materials to open Elephunk’s Orphans.
But, considering that April is a crazy month for my other incarnation as a graduate student, I am pleased with how well my shop did. I wasn’t able to spend very much time crafting or promoting since I had to write three final papers and a conference paper this month.
This month I sold:
The hat sold to someone who must have found me through Etsy’s search function. I hadn’t met her before, and she doesn’t have an Etsy shop. The Autumn Colors coin purse was the first item I ever listed on Etsy! I sold it during a Featured Seller chat room to Maplestreetcreations. I sold the mushroom hair comb to ManicSpider and the metal clasp coin purse to jdsgemsnd, who is my first repeat customer! I know both of them from eclecticasia‘s Sales of 35 and Under thread.
Now that the semester is over, I hope to have more time to dedicate to my shop. With that in mind, here are my May goals:
1. Reach 25 sales. That’s 2 sales a week.
2. Get to 200 shop hearts.
3. Blog every other day.
4. Reach 50 items in my shop. I’ve given up on setting category goals. I know I’m just going to make what I’m inspired to make!